To post material, you first need to register with the site by clicking on this link. If you have already registered, you can skip this step.
Click on publish on the upper right corner of the screen. You will be prompted to enter the username and password that you have entered in the registration process.
The screen will now take you inside the publishing area of bilaterals.org. Click on the write a new article icon on the upper left side of the screen as shown below.
Start entering the material, following the numbered steps:
1. The Title is the main link to your article and will appear on the homepage. Please keep it informative and short.
2. The Subtitle is optional.
3. Carefully choose the Section of the website where your article should be placed. If your are unsure on what section your article belongs to, you can read about the section’s description on the home page under each section.
4. The Brief description is a short summary of the article that appears under the title on the homepage. Please keep it informative.
5. Hyperlink text is for the external source of the article, if there is one. Please enter the name and URL of the original web page where you got the article.
6. Now paste or enter the full text of the article in the Text box.
If everything is ok, click on the Save button (bottom right of screen).
You are now ready to finalise your posting:
7. You can select one or more keywords to associate with your article. Keywords will help people find your article when searching the site. First, click on the triangle icon on the left of the word "keywords". Next, select an appropriate keyword on the drop-down menu and then click on the select button. Repeat the process to add more keywords.
8. Select the article’s Language (default is English).
If you have an attachment, further down the screen you will see Attach a document. Click on that, upload your document — usually a .PDF or .DOC file — and give it a title.
9. When you’re done, look for the article status drop-down menu on the article box on the left and choose:
• "editing in progress" if you want to finish publishing it later
• "submitted for evaluation" if you want other people to judge the material and post it for you
• "published online" if you want it immediately posted online or
• "in the dustbin" if you change your mind and don’t want it published.
Click the edit button to change the status.
That’s it. You have successfully published your article. Of course, as you become more familiar with the publishing area, you might wish to use its more advanced features like adding images, footnotes, and bullets to your article. You can learn more about this in detail by clicking on the help icon at the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
You can run a search first to make sure your document is not already posted on the site.
Please do try to fill in all the fields of your document, if possible. This will greatly help in your article being properly displayed and categorised.
You don’t have to get it perfect. Someone will be monitoring what gets put online and tidying up.
Any questions, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.